I am forever grateful to https://awayfromthemaddingcrowdblog.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Liebster Award. I discovered her blog through another nominee and her style of writing drew me in immediately. I look forward to seeing more of her work as time goes on!
Liebster is a German word which means different variations of similar sentiments: darling, honey, dearest, friend, sweetheart; and I find this award so endearing because it enables us to show our appreciation for not only the work of, but also our dearest writers, bloggers, poets, artists, as our friends and comrades, and encourage each other to keep working at our craft, and sharing what we have to offer the world.
I have been blogging for a year now, and I love how WordPress is such a close-knit community of support, creativity, and honesty. I always look forward to posting each day, sometimes multiple times, and I am so appreciative of the interaction I have with my readers and followers.
I am glad I am now able to pass on my appreciation for these eleven bloggers who I have nominated.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think deserves the award
- Ask 11 innovative questions to the ones you have nominated
- Remember to notify your nominees once you have uploaded your acknowledgement post
The Flippant, Comic, and Serious – https://donmatthewspoetry.com – a fellow Australian writer whose work is witty, short and on point with his delivery.
Lemongrass – https://shrubaboti.wordpress.com/ – I love Shruba’s style, her voice speaks to me.
The Waves of Poetry – https://thewavesofpoetry.com/ – beautifully presented visual poetry.
Laura Saxby Sketchbook – https://laurasaxby.wordpress.com/ – an Australian artist whose intricate artwork I adore.
I’m The Computer Guy – https://michaelxjohnson.wordpress.com/ – a talented white-hat hacker detailing the journey of honing his craft.
Mybookworld24 – https://mybookworld24.com/ – I enjoy Alex’s beautiful and often candid poems, and his book posts.
Danielle Adams – https://danielle-adams.com/ – A blog with great literary tips and links to publishing opportunities.
LaurenWritesToo – https://laurenwritestoo.com/ – Lauren’s work is lovely, and she draws me into her world.
Murray Robertson (Photography and Poems) –
https://mrobertsonphotosandpoems.wordpress.com/ – I am a new follower of Murray’s and am enjoying his work immensely.
The Sad Owl – https://thesadowl.com – Thoughtful, moving poetry which flows with gentle ease.
Daydreaming as a Profession – https://drbogdan.home.blog/ – great poems with often unexpected plot twists at the end!
- What is the story behind your blog name?
My blog started off as Alice Well Art, as I was going by both my artist name of Alice Well (a play on “all is well”) as well as my actual name. After I published my book, I began bridging into more serious, personal poetry and decided that the Alice Well side no longer fit. Hence, Lauren M. Hancock Poetry and Prose was created.
- Why did you start blogging?
I love writing and being creative, and when I started my blog, I wanted to share my short stories along with my soft pastel illustrations. I wanted to have an outlet to share my words and art with others, to become part of a community and read other writers’ works, and to view their art, too.
- What is your favourite colour and why?
Pink, most certainly, as a vibrant, lively colour, I used to wear it all the time as I feel it is a complimentary colour to myself because it would brighten my mindset, but these days, I lean more toward wearing black – I know it’s a shade, not a colour.
- Who is your favourite superhero and why?
I don’t have one.
- Movies or TV-Series? Why?
Probably TV-series as I have trouble concentrating for long periods of time lately.
- What do you do to de-stress?
To de-stress, I write. Pouring my feelings out certainly helps. In saying that, when I’ve stressed myself, it could be because I’m writing!
- How do you prepare for your writing?
I don’t prepare, I just sit at the computer, hope for a good starting phrase, and off I go. Although, sometimes I may look up prompts when I’m stuck.
- What are your other interests besides writing?
It depends on my mood. I could indulge myself in making a little art, read some poetry online, play a video game, talk to a friend, vent about something that’s on my mind, or perhaps go for a walk.
- If you could travel to a place you have never been to before, where would you go and why?
I’m bit of a homebody and I don’t like venturing too far away from comfort, so even a nice park that I’ve not been to before for an afternoon picnic will make me happy.
- Have you been heartbroken? How were you able to move on?
I have been heartbroken, by someone who didn’t care that I’d continually handed him my heart. It took time, and time away from being around and thinking of that person, distracting myself with other things. And it took me realising I was worth more than how I was being treated to be able to truly move on.
- Do you believe in soulmates? Why or why not?
I think with soulmates, that is a tricky one. Some could say they’re the makings of Hollywood; others could say they are a cosmic reality, each other’s destiny. I’m not so sure. What I do know is we find others in our world who we connect with, whether on a spiritual, mental, or physical level – sometime all three – and we make the most of our time together.
My Questions for my Nominees
1. What is the main reason you decide to write or create every day?
2. If you had the opportunity to be a sought-after ghostwriter your entire working life, or only write your absolute honest and rawest truths for all to see, which would you choose, and why?
3. What colour clothing would you select to pick up your mood if you felt angry or depressed by a situation?
4. What is your go-to comfort food when you are feeling glum?
5. What is one person or thing you cannot live without, and why?
6. Who has been your biggest champion in terms of you chasing your dreams?
7. How do you measure success?
8. You have received a puppy or kitten for your birthday! What breed would it be?
9. What is something you do to unwind from a long, stressful day?
10. What is or would be your ideal writer’s or artist’s getaway?
11. What would you like to best be known for?