Talented, uplifting and inspiring poet, Grace from Grace of the Sun recently nominated me for this blogger’s award! Thank you very much for thinking of me, Grace, I’m incredibly humbled by your nomination. I love her poetry for it is thought-provoking, inspiring, full of positivity, and always tells a captivating story. Please check out her blog and enjoy her creations for yourself!
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator — Ashmita at the Fictional Journal — and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me a something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
Q. Tell me something about this world that you admire.
I admire the resilience of the human spirit, the rebounding nature and our ability to band together and heal during the worst of times. In particular, I refer to my parents and our family during a particularly tough period in our lives last year and how we coped with it. We went through a lot together and grew into a stronger family unit due to our experiences. We learned to love and care for one another even more than we had previously. From pain grew strength and personal strength, and close-knit ties drawn together even firmer.
Q. What is your favourite form of creativity?
Poetry, poetry, poetry! And playing the violin. I also enjoy creating art when I am in the particular headspace to be artistic with bright colours.
- If you had to move to another place, where would you go?
I wouldn’t move anywhere else at this stage. I love where I am, and I am a creature of habit. However, if I were to select somewhere to temporarily relocate, perhaps somewhere near the beach during autumn or spring, so I could enjoy the fresh breeze without the overt heat.
- If you met your future self, what would you ask?
“Are you happy with how you lived your life? What are your highlights, and what would you have changed?”
- What is the best advice you have received?
Be yourself and don’t be afraid to be assertive in this life.
- Who has had the biggest influence in your life?
My mother and father. Mum and I are very close, she supports my creative endeavours, listens to my poetry often, and provides the support for me to bounce my ideas off when I need an extra opinion. Similarly too, the quiet strength of my father provides me stability and grounding, and a love spoken not only necessarily in words but through his presence and thoughtful actions.
Something I created:
We Are Karma
Poet of the Light
- What is it that most inspires you to write?
- Would you alter a pivotal moment in your life that would alter your life to a completely different path or remain on your current path of life?
- What is your most treasured memory?
- What is an achievement you are proud of?
Thank you once again to Grace for this nomination and thank you to Ashmita for creating this award!